Sign in to follow this  

Need Advice, LOD Methodology Pros & Cons

This topic is 4200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm a noob and one of my new projects require me to create a 3d terrain engine this will be covering a large area so i will need some kind of lod. I've read many papers on various techniques. I've been trying to compare and contrast the various methodology, but I guess my understanding of techinques is not good enough to make an accurate judgement. So i was hoping to find an expert, who can summarize the pros and cons of the techniques and share their insight and experience on the subject. The techniques that i have researched: (if you know any other ones that will help to) Quad tree /w Frustrum ROAM GeoMipMapping My Requirements: I will be using DTED files to generate the terrain, so the terrain will not be in the power of twos. I do not need shadows, ligthing, and all those pretty features. I just need to create the polygon. TIA, PS. Anyone know a good site where i can find real geographical data i can download?

This topic is 4200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.