• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Container libs

This topic is 6851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, if you're using MSVC, you will have CTypedPtrArray, CTypedPtrList, and CTypedPtrMap, which can take whatever type of data you wish them to hold. Granted, they are technically MFC, but they aren't part of the CObject heirarchy so they don't have to carry the vast overhead.

Really, though, STL isn't bad once you get used to it, and it's a good thing to know. There's an STL reference on www.codeguru.com you might want to take a look at, and see if you think it would be alright to use after all.

-fel

Advertisement
As all of the other posts, I highly recommend the STL. It is actually quite easy to learn and quite consistent. The one thing you will absolutely learn to abore though is the IMPLEMENTATIONS. Very few compilers have well written implementations for all of the standard classes, and even when they work right, they will fill your screen with warnings that make it very hard to find the meaningful warnings amoung the mess.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi everyone. I am developing a GUI, and I need a container libraries. I don't care if they are cross platform, 'cause I only use Win32 API. STL is too damn coplex and hard to debug. Does anyone know of anything better?
Thanx.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!