Sign in to follow this  

newbie needs helpie

This topic is 4198 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am completely new to programming and i want to start learning an easy language that i can use to program pong in less than a week. i just want to start programming something easy. i want results. i tried to learn c and it didn't work. so, i want to learn c when i have more time to put into it. i would especially like to take a class but when i take that class i want to have some kind of know how. which could be in the form of programming a simple game such as pong then working up from there.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I suggest making some basic programs yourself first. I'm sure you can find a lot of problem sets on making C programs. Then I would possibly suggest Allegro as a game library. I know there's some Thompson Game Programming book that mentions it. Good luck.

Nah...don't go with GameMaker... you should start out with a easy to use language. I highly recommend BASIC. It is awesome for beginner lvl programmers and allows you to easily make a 2D game within a week. The software I used when I started with BASIC was "Blitz Basic". You can google search it and probably find it pretty easily. Mine came with a book that I bought called "Game Programming for Teens" by Maneesh Sethi..which helped me really kick off my game programming skills.

If you need any help in anything that I just said...feel free to contact me via AIM..screenname is the same as the name on here: BenDrummin58

good luck!

This topic is 4198 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.