Sign in to follow this  

Logger

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can you recommend a good, basic, free, small, efficient, well-documented, crossplatform, thread-safe, C++ logging library? Or something along those lines? I could write a quickie of my own. I've already tried Fluid Studio's Logger which had some issues. TY

You say basic and small, but what features do you require? Do you need to be able to create your own custom handlers? Do you only need one type of message? Cross-platform and thread-safe is mutually exlusive (not entirely, but close) in C++, the closest you can get to a library that is both is a library using Boost.thread, but still this only works on some platforms (most popular ones though). Well of course the coder might have implemented a lock free system, but that is not likely. Also if you want a really basic library synchronization might not even be required.

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.