Sign in to follow this  

Resource to search esxisting game ideas?

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Like everyone else out there and their mom, I think I have the gold mine of all game ideas, that I want to attempt to capitalize on. But first I want to ensure that I am not stepping on anyone elses creative freedom first. Is there an resource I can use to browse game ideas preferably undeveloped game ideas? Such that if I don't find one that matches my game idea, that I can copyright my game idea without as much risk as someone coming forward and saying I had that idea first? If there isn't one, or if that just isn't how it's "done" in this business, let me know so I can go do some more reading/learning and less wasting peoples time. Thanks and Regards, ~CYD

IANAL. As far as I know you CANNOT copyright 'ideas.' You can copyright text, images, sounds, programs, etc... but not the ideas.

If you have an idea for a game then make it, its your idea. It might not be unique but it is still yours. The main problem you might run into is if the Names of the games are very similar, or names of characters or other ingame fiction is too similar.

If you make a game and people like it, and someone takes your ideas and comes out with a clone, oh well. You can't copyright ideas.

The game industry, like all other art and media, is an evolutionary process. It advances through a long line of derivative products. We hope that the derivatives are not exactly the same and some innovation occurs, but that is sadly not always the case.

IF you make a game and someone clones it, then pat yourself on the back, becuase that means you did something right.

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.