Python for me

Started by
4 comments, last by kinetik_mjg 17 years, 10 months ago
I just started learning python and I am wondering if there is a book or document to help me learn the language.
Advertisement
The official website has stacks of tutorials and links to documentation, including good Python books. The pygame website links to some pygame tutorials.
hmmm some how i have posted two times. I am sry about that I did not mean to do that.
You'll definitely want to read through the tutorial included with the documentation. You can use the built-in help() function for information on a specific function or module. Also, at the top of the For Beginners forum, look for a Sticky thread call Noteworthy Threads, Articles, and Other Resources; Fruny's second postthere is loaded with links to Python tutorials and free online Python books.

EDIT: Here's the link
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
I've heard great things about How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python. Indeed, that's the book I'm using right now. I just started. Good luck.

Link here:
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html
Mark Pilgrim's Dive Into Python is very good. You can read it online for free and hard copies are available for purchase if you prefer learning that way (or just want to support the author).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement