boost library

Started by
2 comments, last by michael879 17 years, 10 months ago
ok I downloaded bjam, and installed the boost library. After about 3 hours of installing it finished. I figured it was setting up VC++ so I could just type #include <whatever.h> to include boost headers. It didnt though.. the problem is they set up a folder per group of headers and theres a lot of them. How do I include them all into my include path? also, I tried including the one I need (random) but normal_distribution.hpp uses other boost headers and it includes them with <boost/header.hpp> and I have no way of making that work...
Advertisement
The way I have it set up is so that I add the folder above the boost folder to my include path. For example, I installed boost to C:\Boost\boost-1_33_1 and I set that path as an additional include directory. Inside that directory is another one called boost and inside that is all the other directories and include files. In this way I can include files like this:
#include "boost/someinclude.hpp"
I got tired of adding boost to my include path, so I set up VC++ to include C:\Boost\boost-1_33_1 as a default include path.
o and I havnt gotten much sleep so if Im not making much sense can u tell me?
ah yea that works thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement