Future Commercial products

Started by
2 comments, last by MrRage 17 years, 10 months ago
Could you make a game with the intent of commercial release in the future and still be able to submit it in this contest with out hindering your future goals? I didn’t read anything in the rules that said you couldn’t, you only have to provide source if requested to. Just thinking if you dump 6 months of your time into something you might want to sell it when your done.
Advertisement
I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

You'll just need to keep in mind that you allow GDnet to distribute your entry freely. This means, that if you enter your "final" game, GDnet would have the ability to (and probably will, as it does with every contest), distribute your game for free.

You wouldn't make too much money selling something someone can legally download for free.

If you make a demo as an entry, and then make a full game for that demo, that would work I think.

Keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, and there might be some limiting factor I'm missing here.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
I believe this was asked during the 4E4 contest , and the answer was that you are welcome to persue commercial goals with the game, and release a demo. Its just important that your demo is well polished, etc.
cool =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement