Sign in to follow this  

Media Player In 3D

This topic is 4196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have created a GUI in OpenGL, now I need the GUI to display streaming http data like mp3s or mpegs. I know media player does this already and it seems to have an option with VMR-9 to render to a direct3d surface. My question is there anyway to make it render to an OpenGL texture or are there any libraries that I could use to add streaming of media content like this.

Although that may work with AVI files. I also need to use mp3s and mpegs. What i am doing is I am creating a UPnP application that communicates with Windows Media Connect (or any other UPnP server), then it will stream music and movies from the server to my application. That is why i am looking into using Windows Media player because it already has support for streaming these types of files.

This topic is 4196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.