Sign in to follow this  

[SDL] a good GUI system?

This topic is 4197 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am looking for a free library that I can use with SDL to have some GUI elements like combo boxes, edit boxes... etc. I checked the SDL site, and there seem to be lots of alternatives. I don't know how to choose. Does any one have any good or bad experiences with a specific GUI system? Thank you very much

Pretty much a standard GUI "add-on" is the CEGUI (Crazy Eddie's GUI) toolkit.

The Ogre engine uses it, and it can plug (sort-of easily) into any D3D or SDL/OGL project...

It might be extremly overkill though depending on your needs. If you just need a simple menu with a couple of buttons for text, then there's no shame in quickly rolling your own code IMHO..

hth,

Quote:
Original post by samuraicrow
Another one is ParaGUI which might also be overkill but is a less known one than Crazy Eddie's.

I just downloaded ParaGUI today. Looks good, but I had to fix a blatant bug in a library it depends on (PhysFS) to get its "theme" functionality to work under Windows. PhysFS had the classic:

char *fnamecpy = fname;

Then they modified what fnamecpy pointed to and expected fname to remain the same. I could hardly believe the code when I looked at it. So I might go in a different direction.

This topic is 4197 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.