Question on the Torque engine..

Started by
0 comments, last by xSKOTTIEx 17 years, 10 months ago
Im just curious here, Im still a newbie, I admit that. I've completed (about 95%) 1 game, got a couple other half done ones under my belt as well (bout 60-70% done). I've stumbled into a free copy of the Torque engine. Yes its legit, its through Devry University. For those that have used torque before, is it relatively simple to use? Should I just try it? Do you think its too much for a beginner to handle? Any ideas, advice, etc? EDIT: Im mostly interested in 2d games right now.. The course also gives me these engines.. Which would you start with if you were in my position? Torque Gamemaker Game Engine The Games Factory (clickteam) game engine [Edited by - cdxrd on June 19, 2006 10:12:31 PM]

Squiggly Frog - My little project place on the web. Updated as I see fit. =)

Advertisement
From a technical perspective, I wasn't that impressed with the demos for Torque. There are better 2d game libraries out there that are free. Google Goblin 2d+, which has massive 2d game support, and even 3d modeling and lighting to make a 2d 1/2 game if you really want. Torque seems to expensive and bloated to me, just my opinion however.
---------Coming soon! Microcosm II.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement