• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
supagu

[web] Test out my website

This topic is 4442 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've finally got around to putting up my website with payment capabilities. Im about to release a product called uv tools (its not a game), i'm looking for a bunch of people to try to hack and test my website to see if its secure (including using https/http at the correct times), bug free and user friendly enough. The main thing i'm going to add is some more support info, like F.A.Q's for my products, loging in/registering and buying via my site. the URL: www.blackcarbon.net paypal should all be running through the paypal sandbox also, so if your experienced with that you may wish to test that out for me also.

Advertisement
Pretty nice so far, better than a lot I've seen.

In my opinion:
1) The border around the entire content is too thick
2) The titles of news items and 'Quick links' aren't eyecatching enough
3) Missing captial letters in content (though, you seem to be pretty consistant with this so I'm guess its on purpose)
4) Navigation bar links aren't equally spaced
5) Why do you need to put an entirely new html document within each one?

A usability-comment: Upon seeing your start-page i immediately tried to click on the pictures beside the descriptions of "Explosive Online" and "UV Tools". Obivously, those should be links. The next thing i would have tried to click were their headlines. IMHO they should also be links. It only occured to me after quite some time, that the description-text itself is clickable...

-Raven

• Logo text shading isn't too hot
  • Evenly space your navigation links
  • Links should look different than regular text
  • The "UV Tools" and "Explosive Online" headers on the front page should also be a link
  • Links should have a rollover state
  • Your navigation links should have a rollover state, and probably also an active state
  • The UV Tools and Explosive Online pages are not in the same spot on the screen as the main pages
  • On the Explosive Online page, there is a border on the Download button, and it isn't in the correct position
  • The minimum heighth for the site is needlessly taller than my screen height - might consider setting the minimum height to 100 (or 90) % of the screen
  • Capitalize, please

However, I really like the site - it's pretty simple, but it looks nice and nothing is too difficult to find. Grats!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!