• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AntonyCoder

Mobile/Pocket PC C# Ide/environment?

This topic is 4499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just saw a post on these boards refering to C# for pocket pc and mobiles, can someone please point me in the direction of the ides/dev tools? I'd prefer a free version if there are any. Also slightly related, is there a big market for pocket pc/mobile games? Which would you suggest making a game on yourself of the two? (I'd prefer pocket pc for added power/screensize, but in the end I follow the money trail like anyone else) Oh and lastly, I have neither a mobile(Yeah I know, join the 21st century already) nor a pocketpc, so are there any good emulators for either that are compatible with C# deveoped apps?

Advertisement
Visual Studio 2005 is free, expess licence.
Download now from :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/
Quickly, because it won't be free on the next year.

But, about game programming for mobiles, I'm not a guru.
Virtually, every game on .NET is capable to run on Mobile devices with Pocket PC.
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/howto/getstarted/default.aspx
For details.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Are you sure VC Express has mobile deployment options?
I did some googling after posting this and I found a few tutorials on pocket pc development, but all seemed to suggest only the standard editions covered mobile development?

I have vc2005 express already and im pretty sure it's windows only. I'll download C# just to see though.
Any chance to download a mobile sdk for the express edition like you would the platform sdk for C++?

No free alternatives *if* I do need standard? Not even sure i have enough disk space for the full version. (15gb hd ftl)

Also anyone know what's up with the supposed windows mobile emulator from ms? I downloaded, 1.3mb. I ran it, and it says "Registered" then exits.
No program opens, just a cmd line. Any freeware homebrew emulators?

Atm I've decided to go the HAM/GBA route for sheer simplicy but I'd prefer to do a pocketpc game. Smaller market but no licensing issues etc.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!