Help with a new Game.

Started by
4 comments, last by eninja 17 years, 9 months ago
Hey, i got a really good idea for a game. me and my friend made a large beta for it with "Toolkit 3" cause we needed to see what it would look like. the toolkit version came out great but we need to upgrade. The game takes place in the Middle Ages during the crusades. Jsut fo backround i know C++, VS 6, KOBOL,MS-DOS, and Visual Basic 6.0 . So? acn you guys help em with choosing a Game Engine? I got server computers and a UNIX-based database.
Advertisement
if you know c++, then that's a *big* plus, but you should probably also learn C. however... choosing a game engine... hmm... well, it depends on several factors. first, do you want this game to run on older computers? what kind of graphics would you expect from it? are you willing to pay for the engine?
if you answer those questions we might be able to help.

-- destron
You're looking at a wanna-be right now :P
"KOBOL"... is that shipping with KDE nowadays?

Troll.
either that or he's been watching too much Battlestar Galactica ;)
You're looking at a wanna-be right now :P
hey i know this isnt about the topic but does anyone know if you can have relm crafter ship to you by mail? if you dont know can you help me out?
Hey brmaster. Im interested in hearing about your game idea. I myself have a great game Idea(it's great to me) set in the same era as yours.

As far as learning C, I don't think that is needed really, in my opinion. Isn't C++ a super set of C, that adds Object Oriented Programming features? I'm no programmer and I'm not sayin its a bad Idea.

Anyway's, I'd like to know more about your game idea. I really love anything to do with the middle ages of Europe.

What is Toolkit 3? As far as Engines go, stay away from the Source Engine by Valve if you hate bsp Engines. These engines are really limiting as far as what kinds of games you can create with them without dealing with workarounds and compromises. In my opinion they are for FPS and really nothing else good can come from them. You may want to look into some open source engines. I know there is a MMORPG out now made with one, the game is called PlaneShift and it uses the Crystal Space engine. Maybe you can post a screen of the game. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement