• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Principher

Book question: 3D Game Engine Design

This topic is 4353 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all a short introduction, so that you have a chance of answering. I am a computer Scientist from Aalborg University (Denmark). As a second sobject I have studied game and engine programming and coded a few simple games, and now I some friends and I have decided to try making a real game and not just a case study. We have decided to try making an RPG, with a 3D game engine we code ourselves. In that respect I am looking for a book on engine design / programming. I have looked at the book in the subject (link to book : http://www.gamedev.net/columns/books/bookdetails.asp?productid=101&CategoryID=41 ) It seems good, however as I looked at the bookstores I could see that there is a second edition on the way ( August 14th). Should I wait for that or what do you think? I can't wait to get started, so therefor I if the revisions are of minor importance to the first steps of engine design I would like to not wait. If the author should see this, could you give a hint as to which new subjects are covered?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!