• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Book question: 3D Game Engine Design

This topic is 4258 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all a short introduction, so that you have a chance of answering. I am a computer Scientist from Aalborg University (Denmark). As a second sobject I have studied game and engine programming and coded a few simple games, and now I some friends and I have decided to try making a real game and not just a case study. We have decided to try making an RPG, with a 3D game engine we code ourselves. In that respect I am looking for a book on engine design / programming. I have looked at the book in the subject (link to book : http://www.gamedev.net/columns/books/bookdetails.asp?productid=101&CategoryID=41 ) It seems good, however as I looked at the bookstores I could see that there is a second edition on the way ( August 14th). Should I wait for that or what do you think? I can't wait to get started, so therefor I if the revisions are of minor importance to the first steps of engine design I would like to not wait. If the author should see this, could you give a hint as to which new subjects are covered?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement