• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Krisc

[web] Help! Credit Card, Shopping Cart, Ebay, Etc.

This topic is 4433 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok... So I am in charge of creating a company's website and one portion of it is devoted to sales (duh!). The problem I have run into is how to get CC/Contact/etc Information securely from customers. The way the business is run is through Ebay, but they want to get away from Paypal and just run credit cards (which they can do already but not without it being called in). So the question is how to securely get the right winner onto a web page that allows them to order items with a credit card. Any ideas? I am using PHP/MySQL

Advertisement
The problem with most of those products is that they do not link into Ebay. The way we want to collect the orders is have the Ebay auction number sent in with the purchase. The problem with just linking people to a page is how do we know they are the ones that won the auction? Catch my drift?

Use a payment provider. Really.

Here in the UK there are two kinds - those that require a merchant account, and those that don't.

The former are more cost-effective, the latter are easier to get (if your company is a new start-up for example).

There is loads of info on the net anyway - just get a PSP!

Mark

upon someone winning the auction you'd send them an email with an http argument that contains a unique key that links them to paying for the specific item. The kind of link you get when you register an account with a website that has email verification. Upon clicking that link they are brought into a "cart" with their item and a little form field for credit card authorization.

You'll need to sign up with a payment autorization company. The tech flow is basically:

1) get user CC info in a form field
2) send CC info through API of CC authorizer 3rd party
3) get response
4) confirm payment or display error messages

Those 3rd party deal will have some basic requirements like that you never store the user's CC number anywhere on your side. you just pass the POST data along to them.

-me

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!