How can I hide menu bar from cellphones?

Started by
3 comments, last by Goguigo 17 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys. You know I'm almost done with my game... but i'm having some issues with displaying full screen scenes. If you acces a common app of the cell phone, you can see, usualy, an upper and bottom menu bar with some options. Well, you can c them in allmost every app, except in games. How can we avoid it from appear? Thanks
Advertisement
That totally depends on the API you are using, but if you are using J2ME you simply call setFullScreenMode(true); on the Canvas you want in full screen mode.

Note that some devices doesn't make the canvas fullscreen anyway (like SE P910), but that's becaues the screen is relativly big anyway I guess.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
thanks thanks thanks thanks :D

It worked! but i still click de left or right buttones (the ones that usualy open the phonebook in cellphones) and i get acces to several options. how i just avoid the cellhone to put them in there?

The thing is, when i exit the game using the EXIT from the cellphone options menu, i get a Buffer Closed java.lang.runtimeException.

:S

When i exit using the EXIT option from the in game menu, i dont have any issues.

Do you know what that could be?
What phone are you using? Are you adding Commands to your game?

Usually, when you are using a full screen canvas and you don't add any Commands what you described shouldn't happen.

shmoove
commands... i eliminated the commands and the problem was fixed. thanks for the tip :D

But the issue with exiting the software by closing the cellphone (like the v555 or v600 from motorla) when playing, still hapends. When i close it, open it again and run the app, i get a message of LOADING for like... FOREVER!. :(

I still cant fix that.

Any ideas?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement