Feeback Urgently needed! Space shooter

Started by
11 comments, last by Lassaris 17 years, 10 months ago
Hey Toor,

I'll definitely re-evaluate how I want my display my pics. Thanks for your help, man!
Advertisement
Sorry about taking so long to respond... havent had time today.

What you should probably try to do is use a more highly compressed image format, and make the graphics largely scripted (like in early platformers -- tile based graphics based on a set of generic tiles stiched together).

While on the subject of graphics, I keep remembering that I need to find some way to enhance the graphics of my game (i'm not having much luck so far :-)
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Quote:Original post by medevilenemy
Sorry about taking so long to respond... havent had time today.

What you should probably try to do is use a more highly compressed image format, and make the graphics largely scripted (like in early platformers -- tile based graphics based on a set of generic tiles stiched together).

While on the subject of graphics, I keep remembering that I need to find some way to enhance the graphics of my game (i'm not having much luck so far :-)

I played your game, then this guy's game..
I can see why there is a difference in game size. Your game has got to be one the most horrible games I've played, especially from someone who looks like it could be something good. The game you made, medevilenemy, had so many flaws- it had black outlines on the ships, I couldn't move and shoot, the graphics were... well, I'd have preferred a black and white ASCII MUD game over playing that...

His game is, simply put, good. It has music, you can move and shoot, it has graphics that change when you move left and right, it looks GREAT, so much more.
And you honestly are wondering why yours is less in MB..

:P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement