Leagle issues with MMORPG

Started by
8 comments, last by hplus0603 17 years, 9 months ago
PLZ PPL read this hi ppl i kinda need sum hlp on how 2 find a sponsor for my MMORPG. and wut kind of leagle stuff do i have to get such as copyright. and also this game is going to be a members only one with a two weeks free trial, but other than that, i was told that i have to go through the FCC ,for the US only... i think. [lol]. but wut kind of licenses do i have to get??????????????????? note: this is going to be based on the midievil era. the site is so far located at: http://www.freewebs.com/runicchaos
Jer
Advertisement
I'll only comment on one thing, you should get a dictionary. Despite several spelling mistakes and internet slang, you've failed to spell "Legal" correctly.

Edit: Also, try Google for more information, you've been mislead regarding the FCC.
Check the forum FAQs on this site. Your chances of getting "funding" for this project are about zero unless you know someone who is rich and willing to toss money at you.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Do you have a server set up? Is the game playable? Do you have screenshots? Concept art? 3D models? How close to done is the game?

I'm not trying to be mean, but unless the game is to the point of practically done and playable, there's no need in worrying about licenses. Have you made a game before? If you haven't, odds are you'll never finish an MMORPG. They take the most work and money. You're not going to be able to use Freewebs.com to host an MMORPG server. I'd say to forget about the legal issues and worry on actually producing the game.

It'll also help you immensely to stop using internet slang and try to write in decent English. Nobody's asking you to be perfect, but you won't find much legal advice (or much help at all) sounding like a twelve year old. You also should know that you only need one question mark per question, not nineteen.
I agree, when asking for help on a forum like this one you should probably try to use full words or at least the right spellings for slang words, etc.

Otherwise:

1) You aren't making much sense.

2) Anyone can put a copyright notice on something they make, etc. The big deal is that if you want that copyright to be seriously honored you should register it with the U.S Copyright Office (www.copyright.gov). (if you are outside the US, consult your local copyright laws).

3) I don't know for sure, but I dont think you need permission from the FCC to run a MMO. Any licencing you might do would be granting licences to your customers/ selling licencing rights and the like to whoever your sponsor may or may not be (if you end up getting one).
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Quote:Original post by Gamerplaya
hi ppl i kinda need sum hlp on how 2 find a sponsor for my MMORPG.

I have only ever seen one game (a HL mod) get sponsorship (from PC Gamer). It's so rare you might as well ask what the best way is to win the lottery.

If you want a company to sponsor your game you need to provide a valid business case - that needs to be presented in a professional manner so you will need to improve your spelling a grammar.

Quote:you might and wut kind of leagle stuff do i have to get such as copyright. and also this game is going to be a members only one with a two weeks free trial, but other than that, i was told that i have to go through the FCC ,for the US only... i think. [lol]. but wut kind of licenses do i have to get???????????????????
Talk to a lawyer.

Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Ok i know my spelling isn't all that great but i'm lazy somewhat but i have had made other games using C# programming. This MMORPG is not going to be hosted off of freewebs.com, this is going to be a how is it said - temporary - site, it will not be hosting the real game but ftter i get the site set-up the game will be on it. the game is fully ready for playing i just need to upload it to a server, wich i have, and the website and thats it.
Jer
If you have everything ready, why do you need sponsorship? Anyways, if you have a great game on your hands, I would be interested in INVESTING in it, but I need to see the game first. Send me a demo to rpcesar at gmail dot com, and ill consider throwing some cash your way.
Thanks Paul. but first I need to know what kind of Operating System u have fisrt, the reason for this is because so far it is writen using C# with MS-DOS if u are runnig a diferent operating system u might have some problems. because i had the game all programmed in my Windows XP MS-DOS and i tried to move all the files to a NFTS operating System and it crashed that system. [lol]
Jer
This is obviously a troll. Gamerplaya asked all the wrong questions, used all the wrong spelling, used a free web host, and registered the same day he posted -- all classic signs of someone trolling.

If, by some remote chance, Gamerplaya is actually a new member to the board (note that second handles are not allowed on gamedev.net), with a legitimate question, then I suggest he/she read the "Begin Here" resources for beginners, as well as the various forum rules and FAQs, before posting again.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement