• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Usman Tahir

Problem in Device Capturing Multiple times

This topic is 4495 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi there, I have made a software using C#.net managed directX 9.0 that used to run different movies, images and etc now i am facing a very anowing problem, when ever i used to run my software many times more than once, it gives me exception at some later stage and start running the movie in separet window out of the device window. if i did not stop palying my software it did not give me thius typoe of error and keep on playing movie and etc very much smoothly.... till now i can only understand and juged that it is because of capturing device more than once or may be i have not done somethingmore beside disposing the device. for information .... i always initialize device from scratch when ever i trun my program. Please reply soon ..... Regards Usman Tahir

Advertisement
Hi there. Are you sure that you are properly releasing all of your D3D resources and devices? If you still have a resource with a reference count, this can cause the entire device to not release properly. The easiest way to find out is to debug your application with the D3D Debug Runtimes and inspect the debug output. If you are leaking resources, it will tell you exactly which ones, their type, and their allocation ID. You can then break on this ID when it is allocated, showing you exactly where you created it. Here is a little guide to this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!