• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix math rocks!

This topic is 6207 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had a book with some matrix math, and while I was trying to see a pattern in there math example, I couldn't find one. I put the book away for about 3 years; I decided to pull it back out and look at the samples again, and now that I know a little more about what matrices do, I noticed that they made a typo with one of the numbers :/. Because of the typo, I wasn't seeing the pattern I needed to know to learn matrix multiplication. Needless to say, now I understand how to multiply matrices together. I obtained samples for: rotation, translation and scale; they all work perfectly! I love it! In 3D, you can't live without them!!! Edited by - WhatEver on February 19, 2001 8:35:43 AM

Advertisement
Something similar happened to me. Last year summer I was trying to learn matrix math (to do 3d gfx) from The Black Art of 3d Game Programming, but I couldn''t understand a thing. Recently I looked at the stuff again and I can actually understand it!!!

BTW, I noticed a typo in this book too

Digital Radiation

That''s the book I was learning if from

Here''s the line as it said: (1*5 + 5*3)
It''s suppose to read: (1*2 + 5*3)

This error can be found on page 577 at the very bottom.

• Advertisement