Game Development E-book

Started by
8 comments, last by lionheart 17 years, 10 months ago
Hiya guys, been long time since i was here.. anyway sorry if this is the wrong forum, I have spent the past several months working on an e-book aimed at game design for games. The main aspect of the book is to improve development of world design, characters and plot lines. I have gone into great deal offering help and advice on these aspects as well as including lists of the following weapons, items, armour, magic, monsters This e-book is a massive 127 pages and contains pure information to help develop your excellent game ideas. I have decided to keep the price of this large book at as low as possible. It only costs $4.95 for a entire ebook which is 127 pages long! If you are interested in this e-book and would like a copy then please send $4.95 via paypal to the follow address thalioncirth@hotmail.com once i have recieved payment i will e-mail you a copy of the e-book Thanks for reading and i wish you luck on your games Lionheart
Ill_Be_here
Advertisement
Well not to be skeptical but is there some sample pages we can look at? Because 127 pages isn't massive and well... you didn't show any credentials that would imply you've done any sort of game design for any company or verifiable project.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

sorry, maybe i should have throught about that :)

ill try and get some screens up as soon as possible. regarding work. ill be honest i have not worked for any big companies, i have not worked on any published games (makes me look bad lol)

i have however been working on development of stories for around 10 years now, my aim isant to work on a big team of game designers i simply enjoy creating games and worlds and working on developing them
Ill_Be_here
Good luck on the sales, but to be blunt your lazy typing in this thread isn't inspiring confidence in your e-book. Did you use any capital letters and punctuation in the book? I normally hate people pointing out things like that in a forum but, well, you are trying to sell a book here...
It has been fully proof read and has also been proof read by an outside company. reason i did this because i suck at it lol (atkeast im honest :P)
Ill_Be_here
Fair enough. :) Again, good luck on the sales.
Page sample would be nice, a project homepage would go some way towards helping your sales also. Being published at some kind of online publisher (even a lowcost one) would be even better - I think you will find it hard to sell any copies without some formal sales procedures.

Oh, and your book is overpriced [wink]

Good luck.
hmm out of curiousity: if someone buys the e-book and makes it "public". What do you do then? Do you have a kind of security system? Otherwise the book purchases are pretty low and you saved the guys who are usually digitizing printed books in two weeks a lot of time :-).
Hehe, which is sadly why this book will fail... If it gets popular, which I doubt, it's very easy to find it for free.

Hey! $4.95 is a great price. Any lower and I wouldn't pay it, it wouldn't sound professional - any higher and it would be over priced. He made a perfect price and you can't comment tooooo negatively on that aspect. :D

Another issue here is the fact that there's no automation. If you write four or so more similar books, including some tutorials perhaps, make book bundles and discounts, you could probably effectively open a website with automatic purchasing.

I can't be stuffed reading back up, but, make sure you put it into Adobe Reader or what ever it is if you haven't. :P
Hi guys,

thanks for all your comments they do help :)

I am new to teh e-book selling stuff so im kinda learning. I am looking into some kind of publishing even if its doing it myself through cafepress.
Ill_Be_here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement