• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

2-Dimensional Layer System

This topic is 4347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know where I can find info about 2D layer systems( Or can anybody provide some info?) I'm going to start working on a game soon, but without a layer system it's useless. Layers would be for such things as: Walking through doors. Jumping up and landing on something else, and other things like that.(So I can make certain objects interactive, but not others.) I would really appreciate any help ^_^. I'll be using Java, if that helps.

Advertisement
Well I do not know much about Java, but I think it has a graphics libray of its own(dont know its name). But SDL has been ported to Java. SDL is great for C++, so it must be good in Java.=)

Looks nice, but I'm not sure it helps. Does it have an implemented Layer system?

Also, does anybody know exactly what "Bindings in <language>" mean?

Quote:
Original post by gsmaster
Also, does anybody know exactly what "Bindings in <language>" mean?

It means that some way is provided to use the library in that language, even though it is written in a different language.

its "layer" system is the order things are blitted(put on). I do not know anything where you can say "put sprite x on layer 4". So in the end you would have develop you own(good luck) or figure out SDLs. I mean is it really that hard to say blit (background) and then blit (character)?
That my 2 cents.

Edit: Fixed some errors.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!