• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Calendar Math

This topic is 4348 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I have a complicated math question that I'm trying to figure out and I don't know where to ask this except here because it has to do with programming. First, let me describe to you my position. I am an office manager and database administrator / IT professional for the company I work for. I am currently reconstructing my database, and I'm using MS ACCESS 2002. I have level 3 + programming certs and am 200% capable of doing just about anything with MS ACCESS 2000-2003. My question, is that we are a contracting company and we currently have to manually create each new calendar month to the year for our install schedule. Now, I was told in class that using Modulo you can figure out what day (sun-sat) it will be in the 5th of June in say, 2011. Now, with that in mind, I'm sure that I could create a button that you would click that would automatically generate the next month accurately. This would be great because I have to develop each month manually and it would save me some time. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to the mathematical formula along with a few very simple examples on figuring out what the next month's days would be. ie: knowing what day would be the 1st, what day would be the 31st, and if the last day would be say the 28th. If anyone knows how to do this please do share with me. I'm sorry if this doesn't fit the context of this forum, and if so, if you could kindly direct me to a forum more suitable to this question I would be more than appreciative. Thanks alot in advance, Matt!

Advertisement
I'm not sure how to use Access so I can't help you there. However, this might be of some use:
http://www.tondering.dk/claus/cal/img5.png
It's the algorithm that calculates the day.
More info on this site:
http://www.tondering.dk/claus/cal/node3.html

hth

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!