• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MajorMammories

[.net] Shaders - C# implementation of DXViewer?

This topic is 4350 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im new to this forum, hi :) and also game development. I thought i would try and build a game and before you know it i seem to building a 3d engine. Im having a hard time getting different HLSL effects rendered to different subsets of a mesh. Every example i can find simply shows how to use the same effect across all subsets of the mesh. Using the SDK Maya X file exporter i found if i use the SAS complient shaders included in the SDK i can export a mesh with the shader settings, this mesh will then load up in DX viewer as expected. Ive examined the C++ source for DX viewer which is doing what i need, but ive never used C++. Im hoping that someone here has ported the part of it that loads and sets the effects and the rendering part and would be kind enough to just post it up? Thanks Kristian

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!