• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SDL and VC++ 2005

This topic is 4251 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I get a LINK error: entry point mist be defiend error whe ntrying to use SDL with VC++ 2005 express Yes I have made it Multi-threaded DLL Yes I have added the include and lib directories Yes I have added SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib to the additional dependencies. Yes I have code with int main() including SDL.h with SDL_Initialize( SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING ) and SDL_Quit() What am I missing?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
it must be int main(int argc, char args**)

or perhaps you've created a win32 app and it's looking for WinMain. The error is typically more explicit than what you've typed. could you copy-paste the entirety of the error?

-me

But VC++ 2005 express doesn't include Windows libraries!! All stuff on that package is .NET 2.0 framework!!

One thing that works for me, is using all windows libraries from your old version of visual studio (may be VC++ 6.0) from VC98\lib

Those libraries are:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib Opengl32.lib Glu32.lib Glaux.lib

Use the include library VC98\include for all windows headers.

Do you have the MS Platform SDK installed?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

Regards,
JJ (GeoMX).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement