Free collection of hlsl vertex and pixel saders? (like a wiki??)

Started by
4 comments, last by Armadon 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi, Just started playing with hlsl vertex and pixel shaders in DX. I'm excited by their power, but would love to learn by example. What I'm looking for is some kind of massive collection of hlsl vertex and pixel shaders. Tutorials for basic lighting, bump mapping, etc are fairly prevalent. And I can go searching for very specialized effects like cell shading etc… But it would be fantastic to have one collection of literally hundreds of effects to learn from :) Anyone know of anything like this?
Advertisement
The DirectX SDK samples have a huge number of shaders/effects - I've not counted, but I'd hazard a guess that almost every single sample has at least one shader in it [smile]

Alternatively, check out the ATI Radeon SDK and Nvidia SDK. Lots of examples in there.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Yeah, if you download Nvidia's FX Composer there are about 20 or so samples that come with it.
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
Nvidia SDK.

Yea, I second this. I doubt that there is a bigger collection of quality effects available to the community. You have shaders ranging from basic lighting to complex materials to shadows to post-processing.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
You can download Rendermonkey and export some of the samples to .fx files as well.
Here is a neat set of progressive tutorials that I really liked when I just looked into shaders.

Neatwares collection
Facewound's collection

Those are kinda nifty in the way they are brought across.

I hope this helps.
Take care.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement