• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
VDweller

The Age of Decadence

This topic is 4521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey folks, I want to introduce an indie RPG we are working on: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/ And recent interviews for those who are interested: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1227 http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/714/714762p1.html Questions/suggestions are welcome.

Advertisement
Is it turn-based?
If it is it won't get awefully far..

I had a look at one of the screenshots... Looks alright but it also looks like the 3D viewer screen is tiny..

Quote:
Original post by Lassaris
Is it turn-based?

Yes

Quote:

How far is "awefully" far?

Quote:
I had a look at one of the screenshots... Looks alright but it also looks like the 3D viewer screen is tiny..

That's a dialogue screen. Non-dialogue screens look "normal" (see the RPG Vault interview)

I look forward to it. The features are nifty and the combat action point system sounds falloutish. I assume only one character may be controlled at one time (instead of a party) ?

My only problem is that I have reading your in-game font on the screenshots...

Nethack is a turnbased, textbased RPG that has had a stable playerbase for almost 20 years. If the game is good, it will be worth playing.

Wow! Keep us posted.

From the looks of the interviews it's pretty far along, especially given how far most 'indie RPG' projects get. The premise sounds interesting, the graphics are functional but not flashy (imo, for the better), everything seems thought out. My only concern is of how tactical one-on-one battles can be. If your team makes combat fun 1v1, awesome, if not, I guess there's a lot more to it than combat.
Bonus points to you for making gender a choice.

Quote:
Original post by Luhz
Nethack is a turnbased, textbased RPG that has had a stable playerbase for almost 20 years. If the game is good, it will be worth playing.

I concur. Advance Wars, turn based, one of my favorite series, top favorties series.

Quote:
Original post by ToohrVyk
I assume only one character may be controlled at one time (instead of a party) ?

Correct. There is no party, so you'll have to do everything yourself.

Quote:
My only problem is that I have reading your in-game font on the screenshots...

Torque has some issues drawing small fonts, but hopefully we'll fix them in time.

Quote:
Original post by Frequency
My only concern is of how tactical one-on-one battles can be. If your team makes combat fun 1v1, awesome...

This question is asked often. I believe the combat is tactical and interesting, but this is a very subjective issue. We covered this topic somewhat in the RPG Dot interview and in the upcoming second part of the RPG Vault interview.

Quote:
Original post by Lassaris
Is it turn-based?

What the hell?! Put a sock in it!
VDweller, that RPG game you're working on looks really interesting!
I try to keep bookmarks to a minimum. I was quick to bookmark that hyperlink.

The second part of the interview is up, if someone cares.
http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/716/716455p1.html

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!