• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
flounder

Sprite fighter gameplay video

This topic is 4433 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here's the latest footage of a game my friend and I (mostly my friend) have been working on. Sprite fighter is a 360 shooter, currently with 22 levels and 2 bosses. The final version is going to have 8 more levels and another boss. Imo the game looks awsome and has progressed a lot since it's beginning. Enjoy! gameplay video

Advertisement
That is a COOL game! Geometry Wars must have inspired ALOT of programmers and developers. It seems everybody is going back to basics. And I must say I LIKE IT!

Wow! ultra-nice game, I'm looking forward to play it!
Like someone said, are you thinking about making a demo?

hi, im his friend, partner person.......sry, there is no demo anywhere...im finnishing the game befor putting a demo out. but there is more info on my site, agogsoft.com on the sprite fighter page....also another vid. the other video is sorta old though so some things are differant. also screenshots. the stuff in the video that kinda looks like lag is bullet time, exept for the player maintains there speed, so u can own the enemies...theres a giant laser, bombs, telaporting to your mouse, and a protective shield also...it may be a while befor im finnished because im slow and theres still allot to be done, like how it has no sound effects yet...thx for the comments btw

Ok, so I thought about it for a second, and this game would be INCREDIBLY fun. Not only that, but it would also be incredibly EASY to make. In comparison to other games, I mean.

GG, I really like the idea, and the execution as well. Are you thinking of integrating some networking? Maybe some online multiplayer :D highscores and stuff would be awesome. maybe some team fighting :D... I'm going way overboard with this. I love it!

it isnt easy for everyone.....

btw id like to add that this game is 45 mins of scripted enemies so far, not randomness.......however there is a random level u can unlock for beating somthing.

Great looking game! I'm sure the gameplay is great too...

Btw, simple question: How to make a gameplay footage video? I want to make one of my game too when it's nearly complete...

Lovens

AGOG, I wasn't trying to call the game easy to make, but rather, easy to make in comparison to an RPG, or an FPS, or possibly a puzzle game (I suck at writing logic). I wouldn't doubt if I were to make this game it would take me a year or more, but if I were to make an RPG, it might take me 4 years :D.

Also, I was assuming it was all randomness... Scripted enemies would be a much harder challenge.

@Lovens: the game was recorded with Fraps and then converted from .avi to .wmv in windows movie maker to save *a lot* of space.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!