• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BPGpro

New here, Few questions:)

This topic is 6306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I just found this engine and It looks really good, Just a few questions, How fast is it? Will it be possable to create online games? Create RPG games? Well hope someone can anwser thease Thanks, Brad

Advertisement
What kind of online games and RPG games? Anyways on a Celery 600 (not Oc''d) I get around 50-60fps on my GeforceMX card. I can get the engine down to 30fps (which is faster than motion pictures which clock in a 26fps). With the new beta terrain engine, things visually look even better. It all boils down to how much you send at the user''s CPU. Throw in AI, netcode, and prediction code and you may or may not see it slow down. As I am just getting back into using PR again, I can''t tell you what to expect from it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!