• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Purple Fuzz (solved)

This topic is 4256 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I recently switched my game to use PNG's with transparency layers, and I've run into a problem. When sprites are rotated in game, they get this odd purple fuzz around them. There's no purple whatsoever in the texture, but all the rotated sprites get the fuzz. I'm at a loss for why this is happening, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Here's a screen of the purple 'fuzz': Thanks in advance. [Edited by - Sir Sapo on June 27, 2006 2:33:59 AM]

Advertisement
Do your images have an alpha channel that goes all the way to the border? You could have, maybe, a "feathered" rectangle.
Another explanation is an opaque texture border that gets mixed with transparent pixels inside the texture. Does the halo appear on texture boundaries or also inside? What texture coordinates and interpolation modes are you using?

Damnit, I just figured it out. Turns out when exporting PNG's from GIMP, you have to tell it to discard the tranparent pixels colors, why you would want to keep them escapes me....

Thanks for the help Lorenzo, rate++!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement