• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Please help me choose....

This topic is 4255 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Let me start by introducing myself as this is my first post here. I am just a hobbiest game programmer, I love the full time job I have no desire to leave it to persue game programming. However I do have some ideas for computer games that I would like to make, and I do have a little bit of a background and computer science. I have a project that I've been working on for about a year now, just planning and designing and writing psuedo code- and now I feel that I'm ready to start programming it. It is a 2d isometric game, with graphics similar to the sims, single player only. I am trying to decide if I should use GameMaker(www.gamemaker.nl), Torque GameBuilder (www.garagegames.com), or if I should simply use C#. I have experience programming in C#, though I have never used it to make a game. Game maker I have been using for what seems like forever for small projects, and I have never used any GarageGames products, but I hear good things. If anyone here could give me their thoughts on what they think I should use I would appreciate it very much. Thanks, ADam

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement