• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ehmdjii

MD5 bone component flags and animation blending

This topic is 4349 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i am trying to play two animations at once using the MD5 file format. i see that it stores six bits per bone, which should probably be used for that. unfortunately i dont really know how to interpret them, since there seems to be little documentation about them: example: "Bone02" 0 63 6 // Bone01 here 63 is a six ones. 111111 can anyone explain to me, how i can use these flags to blend two animations correctly? thanks! edit: btw: does anyone know if it is ok to use the MD5 format commercially? [Edited by - ehmdjii on June 27, 2006 6:43:06 AM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
you can look here:
http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2884&sid=2eee548bf4e28216b4cf38ad590e8458

thanks.

meanwhile i found out, that these flags indicate which bones are "locked" in what position/orientation.

but i have still no idea how they could be used to combine two animations.

thanks a lot for any help!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!