• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kbundy

Where can i get the useful classes for 3D graphics written in C++

This topic is 4351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Where can i get the useful classes (Like Vectors, Points, Planes and etc) so I don't need to write it my own...... It is better to use the existing one, less bug usually. Thanks : )

Advertisement
If you buy one of David Eberly's books, they come with the fairly fully functional Wild Magic library, which has source code for all of those geometric primitives.

If you just want a 3D linear algebra library, and are using Direct3D, you can use the D3DX classes, which come with the DirectX SDK.

The DirectX API provides a set of functions and classes within its Direct3DX utility library.

Dave Eberly also provides a free and portable maths library here.

HTH,
Pat.

[edit]Too slow[smile][/edit]

EDIT: Darookie beat me

Quote:
Original post by hplus0603
If you buy one of David Eberly's books, they come with the fairly fully functional Wild Magic library, which has source code for all of those geometric primitives.

You can get the latest version for free (you don't need the book) here. You'll have to check the license yourself though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!