Several questions regarding DX9 and C++

Started by
2 comments, last by ZippoLag 17 years, 9 months ago
1. Im designing a game engine that has some cool features - particle system, animation, etc. What im in the market for is some type of tutorial or description of how to create a GUI using directx 9. Ive looked at microsoft's demoes and it looks really complicated (because they wanted ot be a bit more abstract). 2. Same as above, but im looking for tutorials on doing sound with directX9. 3D sound tutorials would be nice :) 3. Lastly, im trying to make a scripting engine aswell. Nothing too complex. Something I can set variables in and what not. Anyone know any tutorials/articles on this?? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I can't say I know of any tutorials on the subjects you want, but the best source of info you are going to get is probably going to be the SDK, MSDN, or other people's posts here on gamedev.

It sounds like whatever you are attempting to do is quite complex. I would step back and take things one step at a time. First get some sprites on the screen, then work towards making your own GUI. One step at a time.
Ill try searching the forum for GUI related topics. Thanks.

As for sounds, i bet i can do the same. but for scripting, thats one topic im completely in the dark on.
hmmh, scripting..
isn't there a full sub forum on scripting languages??

also, try the AI sub forum, there should be some nice stuff there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement