[web] WHATIS UP WITH HTML FORMS!!!!!!

Started by
9 comments, last by walle 17 years, 9 months ago
Why is it everytime you enter a <form></form> tag it automatically expands your cell downward and breaks up your images, it makes me want to go insane. What idiot thought of that when programming the HTML language. O hey I know! let's expand the cells to add more hours of headaches! /rant Anyone know how to make forms not add height to a cell of a table? It's breaking up my images. Thanks.
Advertisement
if you put the form tags inside of a table <td> element it doesn't add the extra padding. that's how we used to solve it when i was a web monkey. might be higher-tech ways to do it now.

-me
try doing
<form action='form.html' method='post' style='display: inline;'>
Most browsers give forms default paddings or margins. Just add this rule to your CSS file:
<style type="text/css">form { margin: 0; padding: 0; }</style>
Or have the form tag enclose the td tag, rather than the other way around.
<tr><form><td></td></form></tr>
Quote:Original post by konForce
Most browsers give forms default paddings or margins. Just add this rule to your CSS file:
*** Source Snippet Removed ***
0 what? Bananas? Elephants? Telephones? [wink] Always specify units!
form {    margin: 0px;    padding: 0px;}

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
*** Source Snippet Removed ***
0 what? Bananas? Elephants? Telephones?

yes we have 0 Bananas

Quote:
<tr>
<form>
<td>
</td>
</form>
</tr>

That's bad HTML. Use CSS.

Quote:Always specify units!

It is unnecessary when the value is 0.

Quote:4.3.2 Lengths

Lengths refer to horizontal or vertical measurements.

The format of a length value (denoted by <length> in this specification) is a <number> (with or without a decimal point) immediately followed by a unit identifier (e.g., px, em, etc.). After a zero length, the unit identifier is optional.

Emphasis mine.
Quote:
<tr>
<form>
<td>
</td>
</form>
</tr>

That's bad HTML. Use CSS.

True, but I figure if he is building a page using tables then some of the more advanced CSS stuff (block vs. inline, etc) might currently be beyond his level of understanding.
Quote:Always specify units!

It is unnecessary when the value is 0.

Quoted for truth.

0px == 0pt == 0% == 0 bananas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement