Please, need some help with the VC 2005 IDE!

Started by
6 comments, last by pghTech 17 years, 9 months ago
I don't know what is going on or what I possibly could have done, but some of the most common actions are not available to me though they should be, and I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what I am doing wrong: After creating a Win32 Console application, adding a class, I switch to the "class view" tab in the explorer. I should (at least that is what my book tells me) able to right click on the class I just added and select "Add Member Variable" to add a member variable to the class I just created. However, all I get is "go to definition, go to declaration, sort.., properties, copy..ect, but nothing about adding a member variable or function. I then attempted to check on the tool bar menus and found nothing. What am I doing wrong, I used to use VC6 so I am familar with what I am trying to accomplish. Please help!
Advertisement
No bites?
You don't necessarily need the class viewer to add a member variable.
Such additions are easily added via code. For example:

class CMyClass{    public:           int memberVariable;        float anotherMember;};
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
Thanks Sol:

But it annoys me to no end if something isn't working right, until I fix it or find an answer.
After Goto Def and Goto Decl... in the middle of the pop up there's Add >, then you can select to add a Function or a Variable.
No, on mine, if you right click the class name, you get the following as your only menu option:

Go to Def
Go to Dec
browse Def
Find a ref
filter to type
copy
sort alpha
sort object type
sort object access
group
properties

There isn't any Add > member anything anywhere either on that menu or one of the tool bar menu's either.

Anyone>??
Which version of VC2005 are you using?

Anyway, I've never seen _anyone_ use this feature...
Well I finally found a forum, linking to another forum, stating that the express addition of VC++ 2005 doesn't have the ADD Member feature available period. It is only available in the full version, which atleast puts some closure on this issue if indeed that is the case.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement