A game Idea

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 9 months ago
I'm sorta new to directx. I know C++ pretty well though. I have a game idea. If anyone is interested in helping that would be great! I am not doing this for anything, it is just for fun. If you reply tell me what you would be willing to do. Also there are no design design documents or anything cause it's a really simple game and I don't think it needs them. I can just tell you the idea if anyone is interested. If not, well then I'll do the project on my own. Oh and FYI it is going to be programmed with C++/Directx and is going to be 2d. Thanks.
Advertisement
Check out the Help Wanted forum. You will get a better response in that forum. Read the FAQ first though.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Do a design document. Maybe not a full blown one but a small one that at least lets a loose plan formulate. This way you can see some of the potential pitfalls ahead of time, or places that may slow you down or need reworking etc...

Also lately before starting anything I do a quick reflective piece of design. Meaning... I write questions and answer them to keep the train of thought going to clarify my ideas or realise where I need to work more on details. Just don't let that lead you into the trap of getting overly complex by getting complicated or too many ideas that you can't finish.
Ya well it's not really a big game. I am jus trying to learn Directx and C++ better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement