First completed game: Pong Clone

Started by
11 comments, last by Zekeva 17 years, 9 months ago
I have finally finished my first graphical game, only after about 5 years of programming on and off. I used Allegro for most things, and I refrained from using sprites so everything is just made with primitives. If you don't mind, please try out my game and see if everything runs fine for you. You need to have both .pcx files in the same directory as the .exe. Thanks! Pong Source
Advertisement
Well done. I enjoyed it. Physics were a little different from waht I would have expeted but it was nice neverthe less I won :). AI scored none on me.
Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
worked great for me as well. Keep up the good work!
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Worked like a charm. Not a single hassle. A TINY little quibble with me... The paddle moves WAY to slow for my taste. Otherwise and exceptionally bug free game.
------------------This is so stupid!
Thanks for trying it out! The physics are simple so it can be pretty predictable, but I was focusing more on completing the game with menus, help screens, etc. rather than innovative gameplay.

The paddles are slow, I could experiment more with them and the ball physics to create a more exciting game. I think I will wait until I learn more about network programming to create a multiplayer game before I come back to that though.

Again, thanks a lot for trying out the game! I wanted to make sure I didn't have to send an allegro.dll file or anything for it to work on other machines.
Ran very well here, and very nicely finished off with the menus and score. It is little details like this that show class, even on a simple project.
as u mentioned, pads are slow, u could put speed selection after u press "Start Game"

just speed up pads and the ball(but pads more than a ball), and it should be really cool.
Worked very nicely [wink]. Now do it using SDL and see which API you like more.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Kool man,

Very solid and well polished. Looking forward to you next game.
Nicely done, I agree that the paddles could move a little faster.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement