Noah's Ark Found?

Started by
2,524 comments, last by Andrew Russell 17 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by Strider_Hiryu
Not that this whole Noah's ark thing is my forte, but to have a boat that carried two of every base species of animal, not to mention food for 40 days to sustain the diets of each animal. Given the proposed dimensions of the boat, It just doesn't seem... likely.

It only rained for 40 days, the ark was adrift like 150 days ( or longer depending on which verses you use)
Anti-Sig: Do Not Read This Signature
Advertisement
without taking the time to substantiate what i am about to say (so yes, if there are holes in this line of thinking feel free to point them out)..

mount everest is higher now than it has ever been before, because the tectonic plates that form that mountain range have pushed each other up to make the mountain taller. Rewind the clock several thousand/hundred thousand years, and the earth is not to deviant from sea level as it is now. not as much water is required to flood the earth.

just my two cents to add to this thread.
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
In other news, human footprints are discovered on surface of lake near Bethsaida.
"Dawn is a tramp." Dusk.
Quote:Original post by Chokki
mount everest is higher now than it has ever been before, because the tectonic plates that form that mountain range have pushed each other up to make the mountain taller. Rewind the clock several thousand/hundred thousand years, and the earth is not to deviant from sea level as it is now. not as much water is required to flood the earth.

Any way you slice it, that is still a substantial amount of water that has magically been produced and destroyed, more than water vapour can account for.
Well if the ark is confirmed as Noah's Ark then there is more reason for unbelievers to really consider the existance of God. Furthermore if you come to the conclusion that God does exist and that he indeed made the earth, space and everything else then i dont think it would take too much effort on Gods part to flood the whole world.. do you?

So to say that it would be ridiculous would well.. be ridiculous that is if you believe God exists. If you dont believe that he exists and are unwilling to believe regardless if this is truly Noah's Ark or not then no proof will never be enough anyway right?

Its also interesting to note that the stone and rock found in and around the siting contains fossils to indicate that the mountain was at one time at least covered by sea..Smithsonian tests on pieces of petrified wood suggest fossilized sea animals were buried inside which is interesting and i look forward to what other clues this expedition, research and photos bring.

also a quote from another news article..
Quote:Researchers have believed for years that it rested on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

But after studying the biblical account, Dr. Robert Cornuke, the team's leader, concluded that the ark wouldn't be located in Turkey. The reason, he says, is that in biblical times, Ararat was situated in the region that is northern Iran today.
heh
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
Yeah I mathematically debunked Noahs ark in the huge thread. The biblicans jumped on me and said that God made it so that the animals didn't need food.

Makes you wonder why, if He can make animals survive without food at will, He didn't just make them all amphibians for a hundred and fifty days.

Not only would that appear to have been easier on him (and even though He's omnipotent, He needs His rest after doing magic), it would also be much easier afterwards. You need somewhat more than 5 individuals to maintain a healthy gene pool (note: for each clean animal, at least 2 of the original 7 were offered as a burnt sacrifice -- Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it).

Noah's certainly an impressive guy. Not only did he collect 2 or 7 members of every non-aquatic species now living in just seven days, he also orchestrated the burning of several million animals. If were Noah, I'd have used the ark to build the fire.
Sorry to lower the tone, but I'm not going to believe any kind of news story from a website, which has a inset of "Most Popular Stories" and one of those stories is "Doctors remove lightbulb in man's anus".

Its like reading playboy to get an explanation of stephen hawkins universe expansion theory.

http://www.fotofill.co.uk
Quote:Original post by Nathan Baum
Makes you wonder why, if He can make animals survive without food at will, He didn't just make them all amphibians for a hundred and fifty days.

or more to the point, why didn't he just make all the people he didn't like die of head cancer or something, rather than do this whole ridiculously convoluted flood nonsense just to bump a few people off.
Quote:Original post by OpenGL_Guru
Well if the ark is confirmed as Noah's Ark then there is more reason for unbelievers to really consider the existance of God.

No, that doesn't really make sense. The ark can't be confirmed as Noah's Ark. At most it can be confirmed as an ancient gigantic naval zoo which is consistent with the Genesis account, and it should hardly be surprising that a boat of such Biblical proportions (if you'll excuse the phrase) would be recorded by people of the time.

But even if a boat consistent with the Genesis account existed, that wouldn't prove the rest of the Genesis account correct. The Lord of the Rings claims stars exist, and they do. This doesn't mean Sauron exists.
Quote:
Furthermore if you come to the conclusion that God does exist and that he indeed made the earth, space and everything else then i dont think it would take too much effort on Gods part to flood the whole world.. do you?

It would be silly to say "these people say God flooded the Earth, and he could certainly have done that, therefore God flooded the Earth." It wouldn't take too much effort on God's part to turn the moon into blancmange. That doesn't mean you should believe me if I claim that he did.
Quote:
If you dont believe that he exists and are unwilling to believe regardless if this is truly Noah's Ark or not then no proof will never be enough anyway right?

The existence of an infeasibly large boat does not prove the global flood myth. There are other explanations which are compatible with all the other evidence, which strongly implies there was no global flood. Similarly, one might come across a Viking boat burial and conclude that the Vikings had boats which could sail across land, although there is a far better explanation which is consistent with the fact that that would be impossible.
Quote:
Its also interesting to note that the stone and rock found in and around the siting contains fossils to indicate that the mountain was at one time at least covered by sea..Smithsonian tests on pieces of petrified wood suggest fossilized sea animals were buried inside which is interesting and i look forward to what other clues this expedition, research and photos bring.

Boats in the sea. Who would have thought it? [grin]
Quote:Original post by Sandman
Quote:Original post by Nathan Baum

or more to the point, why didn't he just make all the people he didn't like die of head cancer or something, rather than do this whole ridiculously convoluted flood nonsense just to bump a few people off.

Also, why needlessly kill off the entire animal population of the planet?

Were the animals all evil sinners?

"Because God works in mysterious ways and he can do anything he want and he told me so blah blah blah".
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement