Noah's Ark Found?

Started by
2,524 comments, last by Andrew Russell 17 years, 8 months ago
Quote:
Canaanites wouldn't have been killed had they led moral lives...

How original. I'm not seeing any pattern at all. Seriously, it's not like any war and genocide ever committed used the exact same ridiculous excuse for taking one's land.

Let's take a look about what exactly was "immoral" about their lives:

Quote:
"When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to (A)imitate the detestable things of those nations.

"There shall not be found among you anyone (B)who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one (C)who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

"or one who casts a spell, (D)or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead."

Oh what crimes. Those darn pagans dared to have their own religion. They surely deserved to die. All nations that practice religion different than ours do. By the same token, Indians deserved to be wiped out. Now, why did they had to die, and other pagans like Greeks reigned at that period, I don't know. Maybe because the Greeks were far away from the Jews, and the Jews didn't need to invent a Warlord-God in order to morally justify another genocide.

And of course the Canaanites put their sons or daughters in fire(ie sucrifice)! We already knew that! Jews couldn't know because they were living in Egypt, but their Big Brother-God watched the Canaanites and told them so. I also heard that those Muslims eat babies too, and communists(may God rest their souls[smile]) were having rituals in their squares where they drank blood. And don't even get me started about what monstrosities Jews did in Germany.

That story is old as time itself. Much more older than the Jews, who just copy-catted what thousand hordes of invaders did before them. When a nation wants to take over another nation's land, they're going to invent a moral justification. Every single time. Without exception. The enemies are wicked, murderers, rapists and baby-eaters. We're not invading the land, we are cleansing it!

[Edited by - mikeman on August 11, 2006 9:07:18 AM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by wahoodra
Quote:Original post by Machaira
Brainwashing people into feeling of imaginary guilt and debt is fundamental for Christianity. Jesus died for YOUR sins. Then comes gratefulness for imaginary gifts, and passionate ass kissing. And all this under the fear of unimaginable punishment. To put it simply, being good Christian is about finding your inner slave.

So who brainwashed me? I accepted Christ before I ever started going to church. Did the Bible brainwash me? That's a pretty impressive feat.
I think you put a little too much focus on the first word of my post.

OK, so you didn't mean brainwashing? What exactly did you mean?

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
But my point is, you can't just make up arbitrary rules that make absolutely no sense, and then call everyone a sinner because of your stupid rules.

"arbitrary" and "stupid" to you. You don't have the right to judge though, despite what you think. That would be like playing baseball then complaining when you where called out after someone caught a fly ball you hit.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Except that this is ridiculous too. I don't think anyone should live this way: The Teachings of Jesus. Fortunately, no one even seems to.

Probably because that view is seriously skewed.

The continent of Atlantis was an island
which lay before the great flood
in the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean.
So great an area of land, that from her western shores
those beautiful sailors journeyed
to the South and the North Americas with ease,
in their ships with painted sails.
To the East Africa was a neighbour, across a short strait of sea
miles.
The great Egyptian age is but a remnant of The Atlantian
culture.
The antediluvian kings colonised the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from fair Atlantis.
Knowing her fate, Atlantis sent out ships to all corners of the
Earth.
On board were the Twelve:
The poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist,
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.
Though Gods they were -
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new

Hail Atlantis!
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "enough". This thread is seriously not achieving anything.

Let's talk about game development or something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement