• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domenic

My new DXodus Game Library/Engine (using DX8!!!)

This topic is 6478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, my new engine is finally ready for testing! I call it DXodus (as in Direct Exodus)... Pretty cool huh? It does 2D w/ alpha blending, backgrounds, sound, music, input from mouse/keyboard/joystick as well as force feedback. It is really a full-fledged game library, not just a cheap demo. It emulates fullscreen mode in windowed really well, if you resize it, it just pretends you didn''t and remaps all the mouse coords for you, as well as automatically scaling everything to the window. When you change the display mode, the window will resize, but everything will not be stretched. So far I cannot find a situation where it acts differently in windowed and fullscreen. It can draw alpha blended points and lines (different colors on the line''s vertices blend into each other, too!), and it uses point lists and line lists to do it (remember, always set the texture to NULL before drawing points!) Anybody have any suggestions? I think I''ve covered the ground really well. I like it a lot. Please tell me it works on your computer too... So get it at http://madhamster.50megs.com Read the instructions, too! You can tweak to config file to your heart''s content! Remember to report bugs, FPS, and computer specs... Cya L8R! -Domenic- Geek^n

Advertisement
Funny... I had the same problem, then I went to http://madhamster.50megs.com/main.html instead and it worked... Then I went back to http://madhamster.50megs.com and it worked! Wierd... Try going to /main.html

-Domenic-
Geek^n

Well, it crashed right after creating a black window . It didn''t create any debug files before crashing, go figure ?

I''m using Win2K Prof, 128 MB RAM, nVidia TNT2 32MB M64, AMD K6-II 500Mhz, and I have DirectX 8.0. It is probably something that doesn''t work in Win2K in your program.

If someone else with Win2K tests it, you can be certain.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/

Failed to create the D3D device, then crashed.

Running Win2k Pro on a P3-600E, 128meg ram, 32meg GeForce, SB Live

Guest Anonymous Poster
It Created a black window and crashed. Using Win2k, 256mb Ram, 32mb Geforce 2 MX, AMD Duron 700mhz with DirectX 8.0

Hm... It seems that it''s a Win2K problem. When you say, "failed to create a D3D Device, then crashed," that means it gave you an error first? Then it crashed, or just exited?

Can we get somebody w/o Win2K over here?

-Domenic-
Geek^n

Crashed on my system as well.

Win98-SP2, 196Mb, GeForce2-MX, AMD K6-2 400.

I got a protection fault error and no log file created.

Aha, works here on Win98 (original), DX8a, GF2 gts, P3-650. 99 fps, windowed.

Are you plotting random pixels and drawing random lines over the background, or is that a bug? I presume you are testing a plotpixel and drawline function.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!