• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

What does SetTrackPosition actually do?

This topic is 4219 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello online. ^What does it do? I have been trying to use it but I just can't see what it does. What I wanted, was to offset my unit animations - because all my trees are swaying at the exact same time. I want them to be random, but i don't see anydifference when using the function. Can someone give me some guidance? Thanks a million :)

Advertisement
SetTrackPosition() could be referring to at least three different libraries that I can think of off the top of my head. You should probably mention which SetTrackPosition() you are talking about. That is is it the ID3DXAnimationController one? Or is it from a media player API? And so on.

Let me be a little more specific to what I understand. I have exported a tree model to the x file format. Inside 3D studio max, it is made of 20 key frames in which it gently sways. I want my app to create a whole lot of these trees but make them all start at different times in the animation. Here is the code I am using:

animationController.SetTrackPosition( 0, 10 );

Is this like saying "Set track 0's animation to the 10th key frame." I.e. half way through the animation. So in essence you could do this:

animationController.SetTrackPosition( 0, aRandomeNumberFrom10to20 );

and have the trees start at different times. But when I tried this it always gives me the same result - all the trees sway at exactly the same time (like something from the twilight zone).

Please can someone help me on this, thanks again :)

[Edited by - SavyCat on July 2, 2006 9:47:23 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement