• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Theta Blocks (tetris clone)

This topic is 4314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

So I finally pulled the ol' thumb and completed a game! It's an ordinary tetris clone, nothing special about it except that it's done by me :) I made it partly to gain some better knowledge about OOP and partly to have something I've made myself that i could be proud of (may sound a bit stupid since it's "just" a tetris, but much time and effort have been invested in it). It's developed using devcpp but in the end I switched to msvs since I needed a good debugger to find a really annoying bug. The libraries in use are SDL, SDL_Image and Fmod. I learned a lot of stuff during the project. One of them is that planning can't be empathized enough, i thought i had everything planned when i started to code, but i realized when i started to put things together that a didn't have a good way to handle state changes so that was one major flaw that had to be fixed with a bit of rewriting. I can recommend this article for some ideas about state handling. ThetaBlocks You can download version 1.1 for windows HERE (~800kb) No installation required. // cryon [EDIT] Removed some spelling errors [Edited by - cryon on July 1, 2006 6:30:16 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Anudh
Really sweet gui. [smile] Nice work all over.


thanks man. yeah, i was afraid of a performance hit (i know, not too much to worry about in a tetris) with all the alpha-blended surfaces in the UI since it's software rendered, but i don't think it made too much difference while adding a nice touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement