Need a texture artist for colaboration

Started by
24 comments, last by dongio 17 years, 9 months ago
Different species is a great possibility. Never thought of that. Man you really know your horses don't you Prof ;).

He seems to be going for a low poly race horse (low poly in first post, race horse anim. later). Oh well. I'm gonna stop being the devils advocate. Besides, I don't have much modeling credibility / experience to back up what I'm saying. (Just being reasonable).
D. "Nex" ShankarRed Winter Studios
Advertisement
Hey. Thanks for the info guys. Professor, I did not know that the horses of the middle ages are a lost bread, they must have been awsome creatures. I've got an update on the horse model. I basicly added mass to the body, mainly in the neck and front, back legs.
tweaked horse
I didn't add any more polys so far. There's more things I can do to the model, some more subtle vertex tweaking and maybe adding some more polys(current poly count 1090). It would be nice to have 10 or 20 of these on screen at one time with characters riding them. The characters being close to the same poly count as the horses. Im doing this for a personal project. I want to create a midieval battle demo.

I totally agree about getting better at texturing. The only way to do that is to draw/paint texture. I just want to work with someone, to get a different perspective on texture creation, like the tools, techniques and tool settings that they use.

Off Topic
Does anyone know how to go about setting up a model for gib? I know it depends on the technique used, I'm just asking about the usual setup in games today. Do you model in divisions where the model is to be separated when damage is taken or do you take the base model and duplicate it, separate a leg, and have the engine replace the full model with the amputee and severed limb during the gameplay?
Thanks
Quote:Original post by eninja
Hey. Thanks for the info guys. Professor, I did not know that the horses of the middle ages are a lost bread, they must have been awsome creatures. I've got an update on the horse model. I basicly added mass to the body, mainly in the neck and front, back legs. tweaked horse I didn't add any more polys so far. There's more things I can do to the model, some more subtle vertex tweaking and maybe adding some more polys(current poly count 1090). It would be nice to have 10 or 20 of these on screen at one time with characters riding them. The characters being close to the same poly count as the horses. Im doing this for a personal project. I want to create a midieval battle demo.

I totally agree about getting better at texturing. The only way to do that is to draw/paint texture. I just want to work with someone, to get a different perspective on texture creation, like the tools, techniques and tool settings that they use.

Off Topic
Does anyone know how to go about setting up a model for gib? I know it depends on the technique used, I'm just asking about the usual setup in games today. Do you model in divisions where the model is to be separated when damage is taken or do you take the base model and duplicate it, separate a leg, and have the engine replace the full model with the amputee and severed limb during the gameplay?
Thanks

a very good improvement! there are still a few things you can tweak and bulk up, but when i see that image, i now actually see a horse and not some large dog. as for texturing up, you can contact me through aim using metalgearsolido8 and i'll try to help if i can (but i won't do it for you, i will try teach you).
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Hi I'm photoshop 3D max artist and I would love to halp you in texturing horse.
I just need *.3DS or *.MAX file
Just advice - people might steal your stuff if you're not careful. (i.e give 'em all your files).
Thank you for awesome coment, I dont think it's corect to name me a thief.
back to subject I'm really Interesting to put some textures on that horse.

George Matiashvili
Orlando FL
georgematiashvili@hotmail.com
How can I atach Picture?
Quote:Original post by dongio
How can I atach Picture?

use the simple <*img src=""*> tag, just remove the * and place the image url in the src="section.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Quote:Original post by dongio
Thank you for awesome coment, I dont think it's corect to name me a thief.
back to subject I'm really Interesting to put some textures on that horse.

George Matiashvili
Orlando FL
georgematiashvili@hotmail.com

I apologize, but I wasn't refering specifically to you. There are some people who claim to be pro's at something and request to recieve all the files. Then they take the files and leave. Just past incidents.
eninja, jump on MSN sometime, get in contact with me.
-------------www.robg3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement