• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nintenduh

Recommended OGRE combinations?

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone. After much hardwork, I am proud to say that we are finally ready to start some real development for our game. Now, as most of you know, OGRE is just a graphics engine. So . . . for those of you who have used OGRE, what audio, physics, animation etc, engines do you recommend combining with OGRE?

Advertisement
Think about what you'll actually need in your game and implement that. Don't just put things in because it would be nice to have them, put things in because your gameplay requires it.

As for audio, I really like FMOD.

Check out OIS for cross platform user input via keyboards, mice, and joysticks. Here's a guide on how to set up OIS with Ogre over on the Ogre wiki. From what I hear, it will be what replaces the Ogre's input manager in the next release of Ogre.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!