Question on this site

Started by
8 comments, last by NUCLEAR RABBIT 17 years, 9 months ago
Is this site only for those who use the C++ language?
i am the real aeonmyst. akocnats!
Advertisement
Nope. It's for any language, but mostly languages used in game development.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
imho, it's not "only" for anyone :) not exactly an exclusive site :D

but it's about game development hence the name ;)

game development = not only programming :)
and game programming = not only c++ :)
xD

welcome to the community btw :)

EDIT: fixed the typo ^^;;;

[Edited by - Mitsukai on July 2, 2006 8:14:00 AM]
Thanks. I am using vb6.0 and suddenly googled this site.

I'll now start to subscribe here.
i am the real aeonmyst. akocnats!
Quote:Original post by aeonmyst
Thanks. I am using vb6.0 and suddenly googled this site.

I'll now start to subscribe here.

You will find c++ the most discussed language. People will tend to assume that when you have a problem, its in c++ So if you use vb make that clear, in the title or in the main post.

It may also be useful for you to learn how to read c-like syntax (if you cannot already) as some psuedocode solutions posted use this.
Quote:Original post by Mitsukai
and game programming = only c++ :)

You were joking, right?
If not, I'd like to point out to the OP that you aren't limited to C++ for making games. It has it's advantages (speed, certainly) but there are other languages that have their own advantages and may be easier to use. I'd say to look around and find one you're comfortable with and that will be useful in programming a game.
Ok.
Quote:Original post by Stukkm

You were joking, right?
If not, I'd like to point out to the OP that you aren't limited to C++ for making games. It has it's advantages (speed, certainly) but there are other languages

...and I'd like to point out that you don't neccesarily have to use a language at all, using tools such as Adventure Game Studio or Game Maker is also a perfectly valid option, as is modding existing games.

I believe we've covered the OPs question sufficiently though, this site is certainly not just for C++ programmers, although the majority of programming questions do tend to involve C++.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Stukkm

You were joking, right?
If not, I'd like to point out to the OP that you aren't limited to C++ for making games. It has it's advantages (speed, certainly) but there are other languages that have their own advantages and may be easier to use. I'd say to look around and find one you're comfortable with and that will be useful in programming a game.

ooooops

thats a typo by me ^_^;;;

i meant to say

"and game programming does not = only c++ :)"
last post was me ^^;
last post was me ^^;

[lol][lol][lol]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement