• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Oziphantom

Documentation for extra SNES chips.

This topic is 4488 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Does any body know of anywhere I can get docs on the usuage of the SNES cart custom chips. I.e. the Super Fx(2), SA-1, SDD-1, C4, DSP-1/2 etc. I have the zsnes source code, but its not that much help. I'm looking more for the using them rather than implementing them. I.e. how do I tell the smc it has them, and how to I load code onto them, can I use the sa-1 and 5a22 in parralel or does the 5a22 have to be stalled for the sa-1. They use to exist but the sites that held them have gone down. Any Ideas? Oh and if any body know of any SNES dev hardware up for sale then please also let me know^_^

Advertisement
have you tried [google]?
if yes, how extensively?

edit: adding links

• http://oregonstate.edu/~robinsfr/docs.html
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSP-1_chip

[Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 2, 2006 3:00:45 PM]

I had tried the wikipedia site before, but only just now discovered the link to overloards new page on it. When I first went there I did not know that was a page to look for and all the other pages had links to his old page. Which kind of covers the dsp and c4( all though it doesn't really say how the instruction work. Just gives the code for them. )

The other site has a list of the documents that I have seen a long time ago and does not contain any usefull information pertaning to this.

Thanks for the reply. ^_^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!