• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

dev-c++ compilation errors

This topic is 4250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

here is the situation: i have written a program that uses opengl, glfw, and DevIL. it runs perfectly fine on my machine. i can send the .exe to others and they can run it (provided the devil.dll, ilu.dll, ilut.dll, and all necessary textures and mesh files are there). however, when the same folks try to compile the source code they get errors of the: "main.o(.text+0x78d):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__ilGenImages' main.o(.text+0x79c):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__ilBindImage' main.o(.text+0x7b0):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__ilLoadImage'" nature. it makes no sense to me since the people attempting to compile the source have the exact same devpaks as i do (same versions from the same places) and yet they receive errors that i do not. i tried to recreate their issue by reinstalling all my devpaks but that didn't do anything because i can still recompile everything (i use the "rebuild all" option so that all the .o's are remade). does anyone know what may be causing this situation and/or a way to remedy it? [edit]: nevermind, sorry, figured it out. the people hadn't put in the correct linker commands (even though they said they had). this post can be deleted now if a mod wants to. sorry. :-\

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
You can delete the thread yourself by deleting the original post.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement