I am so desperate...

Started by
3 comments, last by Peacekeeper3 23 years, 2 months ago
someone PLEASE write a program that will rip the RGB values out of a 640 x 400 x 24 bmp and stick it in a 640 x 400 array of rgb values
Advertisement
There are thousands of programs that can do that.

*** Triality ***
*** Triality ***
and be kind enough to supply me with the source.. they will get proper homage..
Man, asking questions is fine, but begging people to write code for you is just plain lazy. It''s a bitmap file -- there are structures defined in the Windows headers to read in the file headers, and there is no compression applied to the RGB data. That''s about as easy as it gets as far as image loading is concerned. You should *really* learn how to do this yourself, and there are programs and documentation for it everywhere.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Down with Tiberia!!
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Both Paint Shop Pro 6 and up as well as Photoshop 6 (probably earlier version of both programs can do this as well) can open tons of formats, include BMP''s, and save to a RAW format. The raw format can be configured to be just a dump of RGB data.

Otherwise, look up the following items in the MSDN: LoadImage, GetPixel, HDC, SelectObject. Then, I assume that you know how to save to files with either stdio.h or fstream.h.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement